XML parser setup instructionsAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Follow these steps:
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, xmlparser.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To launch the test runtime:
- Select Run > Run Configurations... from the main menu.
- Select Client Services and click New.
- Type a unique name for your configuration, such as XML Parser.
- Select the Plug-ins tab and verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.xmlparser plug-in is selected.
- Select the Arguments tab and verify that –console is in the Program Arguments field.
- Click Apply and then Run.
- To start the sample, enter start com.ibm.rcp.samples.xmlparser in the Console view.
Note: To stop the sample, enter stop com.ibm.rcp.samples.xmlparser.
Output is similar to the following:
osgi> start com.ibm.rcp.samples.xmlparser
osgi> ***Begin Document***
JAVA 2 Programming
Java EE Design and Development
Parent topic: XML parser: XPD621