This section describes how to install and configure DB2® Everyplace® Synchronization Services as part of a "custom" install. It includes instructions for AIX®, Linux®, and Windows® operating systems.
You also have the option to install and configure DB2 Everyplace Synchronization Services using the add-DB2e.rsp
response file. For details, see Using configuration response files and Response file templates
The following steps assume you have already installed the Lotus® Expeditor Server core files
. In addition, they assume you have installed the necessary prerequisites
and performed any required database setup ( Creating the databases (optional)
). See the ditatopicnotfound for information about prerequisites. Also see Preparing your operating system for installation
The steps also assume you intend to complete the installation in one attempt by completing the information on each panel and continuing to the next panel. At any point during the installation, you can select Back
to return to the previous panel or select Cancel
to abort the installation. Some steps below may be skipped if the information has already been gathered for another component. For example, if the configuration wizard has already gathered and verified the WebSphere® install path during a previous component configuration, this panel will be skipped.
To install and configure DB2 Everyplace Synchronization Services, perform the following procedure:
Select Configure an additional component and click on Next.
If the original install image has been removed, specify the location where the install files can be found and click Next.
- Start the configuration wizard in one of the following ways:
Note: You may need to insert the Lotus Expeditor Server DVD in the drive or manually mount the product installation media on AIX and Linux platforms.
The list of components that can be configured displays. Select DB2 Everyplace Synchronization Server and click Next.
Note: You may select multiple components to install and configure.
Specify the directory where IBM® WebSphere Application Server resides or accept the default directory listed, and click Next.
Note: If the configuration wizard has already gathered and verified the WebSphere install path during a previous component configuration, this panel will be skipped
Specify the fully-qualified host name of the system where you are installing Lotus Expeditor Server. This value must be a fully-qualified name registered with your Domain Name System (DNS). You cannot specify an IP address instead of a host name. Click Next.
Specify the WebSphere Application Server profile name into which your Lotus Expeditor Server will be configured, if necessary. The installation program supplies default values. If you want to use a different profile than the profile selected by the installation program, you need to update the profile name. After you specify a value, click Next.
The Expeditor Server Administrator Information panel displays. Set the following options:
See Determining WebSphere Application Server configuration
for more information on determining the profile name.
The installation program verifies you have the prerequisite software installed at a version level that Lotus Expeditor Server supports.
The installation program also verifies that WebSphere administrative and application security are currently enabled
- Lotus Expeditor Server Administrator ID: Specify the administrator user ID you want to give to your Lotus Expeditor Server administrator. Your administrator user ID does not have to be the Windows login user. The administrator user ID must already exist in the WebSphere user repository. Lotus Expeditor Server has limitations for the Lotus Expeditor Server Administrator ID. See Supported naming conventions for information on restrictions on administrator IDs. The Administrator ID specified must be assigned the WebSphere Administrator role.
- Lotus Expeditor Server Administrator Password: Specify the password or the Lotus Expeditor Server administrator. See Supported naming conventions for information on restrictions on administrator password.
- Lotus Expeditor Server Administrative Group Name: All administrators of Lotus Expeditor Server services must be a member of this group. In addition, the group must have the WebSphere Administrator role.
Click Next. The administrator ID and password, group existence, group membership and roles will be validated.
UNIX: Click Next. The database instance panel displays. Specify the local DB2 instance user.
Click Next. The Database Location panel displays. On the Database Location panel, select the location of the DB2 Everyplace Synchronization server databases. To use a local database server installed on this system, select Local. To use a database server on another system, select Remote.
Important: If you plan to cluster Lotus Expeditor Server at a later time, you must select Remote. Clustering Lotus Expeditor Server requires a remote database and you cannot reconfigure Lotus Expeditor Server to use a remote database after the install.
The next panel information varies depending upon the choice of local or remote database. If you are using a local or remote database, complete the following fields on the Lotus Expeditor Server Database Login panel:
Click Next. The Database Login panel displays.
- Database Administrator ID: Specify the administrator user ID configured for the database server.
- Database Administrator Password: Specify the password used for the database administrator ID. Complete the following additional fields if you are using a remote database:
- Host name: Specify the fully-qualified host name of the system where the database server is installed. This value must be a full-qualified name registered with your Domain Name System (DNS). You cannot specify an IP address instead of a host name.
- Port number: Specify the database port number. The default port number for DB2 is 50000.
Click Next. The database information is validated. There may be a delay when validating a remote database.
The configuration program verifies that this administrator user ID already exists. You cannot proceed until you enter a valid database administrator user ID and password. If you specified Remote
for the database location, the product databases must already exist. See Creating the databases (optional)
for information on creating databases on the remote database server.
Note: The configuration program detects if data exists in the database from a previous install. If existing data is detected, you will be prompted as to whether you want to continue (using the existing data). If you do not want to use the existing data, you must delete and recreate the database before continuing.
The Synchronization Services group information displays next.
- Synchronization Services Group Name: Specify the group name to which all users of the synchronization servers must belong. This group must already exist in the user repository. The default is xpdsyncusers.
- Prefix for Synchronization Groups: Specify the group name prefix for synchronization groups. Groups that will be associated with synchronization subscriptions must begin with this prefix name. Users of the synchronization services must belong to one of these groups.
Click Next. The existence of the synchronization services group name is validated. The Installation Summary panel displays next
Verify that the information on the Installation Summary panel is correct and click Next.
Note: Installing DB2 Everyplace Synchronization services is a two-phase process. During the installation phase, the installation program copies files to your local system. In the configuration phase, the installation program creates databases and configures the web application.
On the final configuration panel, click Next to return to the configuration wizard or Cancel to exit the configuration wizard.
Tip: If you encounter an error during the configuration phase, see ../com.ibm.xpd.support.doc/ts_wed_server_intro.html in this information center.
To verify you have properly installed DB2 Everyplace Synchronization Server, perform the following procedure:
- To verify your installation, launch the First Steps console.
- Select Verify Install from the First Steps panel.
- Verify that you receive the message CWPSF1535I Verification of Lotus Expeditor Server Completed SUCCESSFULLY at the end of the verification.
Parent topic: Performing a custom install: XPD622