You can edit page parameters that are applicable to rich clients. Once you have changed and stored the parameters, the client software can access and process the changes.
Follow these steps to administer page parameters that are specific to your enabled Portal-administered client environment.
- Log in to WebSphere® Portal as an administrator.
- Click Administration in the Portal toolbar.
- In the navigation tree, click Portal User Interface, then Manage Pages.
- Navigate to the page layout of the target page.
- Click the Rich Client tab. The page parameters that can be changed, along with their current values, are displayed.
- Change the parameters in the Page Parameters section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Rich client specific page parameters are changed and stored, ready for the client software to access them.
Page properties are automatically inherited from ancestor pages by the Portal Server and Topology Handler on the client. The Rich Client Layout Administration Portlet does not recognize or use the inheritance information. Any parameter you change plus certain required parameters are always written for the page on which they are entered. This is different from the Portal Server page parameter setting which indicates inheritance and allows any you have changed to revert to the inherited values.
The following provides detailed information on the fields found in this section of the page properties page. The Visible
radio buttons select between two mutually exclusive states for displaying the perspective represented by this page.
Indicates that the perspective is created and can be made accessible through the navigator and/or the launcher.
Access through the navigator on the client is controlled by a parameter that is not configured through this portlet. A parameter named com.ibm.rcp.useNavigator can be placed on the root label of the containing application. If this parameter is present and the value set to "true", all visible perspectives and views projected from pages and portlets will be available through the navigator on the client.
To enable the navigator view, use Portal Server Administration
-> -> Portal User Interface
-> Manage Pages
-> Content Root
-> Application Root
-> Edit Page Properties (page icon) for target application
-> Advanced options
-> I want to set parameters
. Add the new parameter com.ibm.rcp.useNavigator
with a value of true
- Add to the launcher – If checked, the perspective represented by this page is added to the launcher in the client user interface.
- Open automatically when the application starts – The projected perspective opens with no action from the user required. This is only applicable if Add to the launcher is also selected.
Indicates that the perspective is not shown on either the navigator or the launcher. This should be selected when the page has admin proxy portlets with parameters defining dynamic extensions on the client. The Rich Client Workbench Custom Eclipse Administration and Rich Client Workbench Native Application Administration portlets are examples of portlets that generate dynamic extensions.
- Icon for application switcher - Specifies the path to an application branding icon that is specified relative to the base WebSphere Portal application. This is used by the application switcher to represent the perspective and cached locally on the client.
- Activities – Specifies which activities to include in the perspective when it is started on the client. The values are the unique identifiers of Eclipse activity extensions. When there is more than one value separate the values with a semicolon.
- Page Alias – Specifies a key identifier that enables you to access the page programmatically in the Expeditor runtime.
- Use page as static perspective – If not selected, a default folder can be used. If selected, a static perspective id is required.
- Default folder for views not specified in the layout – Defines the default folder in which to display any views which do not have an associated folder ID specified in portlet properties.
- Static Perspective ID – Used in pages with static perspectives.
The following table lists the page parameters:
|Page parameter||GUI line label||Description|
|com.ibm.rcp.defaultFolder||Default folder for views not specified in the layout|
|com.ibm.portal.PageIcon||Icon for application switcher||The same as the Icon configurable with the regular admin interface in Portal 6.0.|
|com.ibm.rcp.launcher||Add to the launcher||Boolean|
|com.ibm.rcp.autoStart||Open automatically when the application starts||Boolean|
Parent topic: Using the Rich Client Layout Administration Portlet: XPD622