The Platform Export Wizard is a multi-page wizard for performing export operations. If the export operation is invoked from within the editor, the operation occurs on the version in the editor, and does not require a save operation.
To export a Client Services Platform, perform the following procedure:
- Invoke the wizard from either the Overview page in the Client Services Platform Editor (for more information, refer to Product Overview) or by selecting File > Export > Client Services > Client Services Platform.
- On the first page of the wizard, select your configuration file.
- Select the export type. For Desktop, you can choose Provisioning Data or Full Platform. For Device, your options are update site or Full Platform.
- Select whether you want to output to a directory or an archive. The archive is just an archive of the directory format.
- Next select if you want the output placed in a directory or an archive. The archive is simply an archive of the directory format.
Note: For Device, you must choose the location of the device target for that device. These are located on the Client Services CD in the directory /device/toolkit/platform/xxx (where xxx refers to the desired platform). These should be copied to the system, and the eclipse subdirectory selected for the device of interest.
The Win32 platform used to configure the tools is not a valid platform for export.
Note: You must also select what languages to add to the device configuration.
- The second page lets you review the choices from the Platform. The review page shows any features or plug-ins not found in the PDE Target platform or Workspace grayed out. You can override the configured platform and deselect any feature or plug-in from the configuration on this page. However, there are no checks to verify the effects of the change.
Moving to the next page causes the export operation to occur. The final page displays the results of the action. If desired, you can use the back button to change the export choices and restart the export operation.
Changes during the export operation are local to the export and will not be reflected back into the configuration.
Parent topic: Client Services Platform Editor: XPD622