The bridge consists of the following core components:
- Pipes which represent the owning entity of a connection between the micro broker and a remote broker.
- Flows which represent the directional flow of messages between the micro broker and its remote broker within a pipe.
- Transformations which can be defined for flows which modify messages in flight.
- Notifications which can be defined to indicate particular events within the bridge, such as when a connection has been established.
- Connections which define the characteristics of the specific endpoint for the pipe, such as a connection to MQ, for example.
These components are all administered using the micro broker administrative API, refer to the administrative API javadoc for further details.
A pipe is the core component for linking together a connection with a set of flows and optionally default transformations and notifications. The connection defines the remote messaging system where messages will be sent to and received from.
Parent topic: Using the bridge: XPD622