This topic describes each of the products and components that are shipped with Lotus® Expeditor Server and explains the role each component plays in the overall solution.
Consult the product license for specific terms of entitlement for the software products and components that are shipped with your edition of Lotus Expeditor Server. Usage restrictions apply for some software.
The following components are prerequisites to Lotus Expeditor Server. See Installing prerequisite software
- Database Server: A Database server where Lotus Expeditor Client Management and Relational Database synchronization artifacts are created. This component is required for Client Management Services and DB2® Everyplace®. MQ Everyplace does not require a database server. Client Management Services can use Derby (that is bundled with WebSphere® Application Server), DB2, or Oracle. DB2 Everyplace requires DB2.
- WebSphere Application Server: Provides the J2EE environment on which the Lotus Expeditor Server middleware is built. Runs the DB2 Everyplace and Client Management application servers. This component is required.
Note: WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment provides the systems management and workload balancing support required to scale the Lotus Expeditor services.
- User Registry (LDAP): The LDAP server or other registry that is used to provide user authentication and group membership information for the services of Lotus Expeditor Server. WebSphere Application Server must be configured to use a federated repository with both administrative and application security enabled.
- MQ Server, as needed. This component is optional.
The following prerequisite components are included with Lotus Expeditor Server:
- Client Management services: Provides software distribution and management for the supported Lotus Expeditor clients.
- DB2 Everyplace: Provides database synchronization between application data stored on the Lotus Expeditor client and enterprise data stored on database servers.
- WebSphere MQ Everyplace: Provides industry strength messaging optimized for the mobile environment with intermittent network connectivity.
Parent topic: Using Lotus Expeditor Server: XPD622