Configuring Citrix Presentation Server to publish Lotus Expeditor as an applicationAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes how to use the Citrix Presentation Server wizard to publish Lotus® Expeditor as an application.
This topic describes how to use the Citrix Presentation Server wizard to publish Lotus® Expeditor as an application.
Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 provides a wizard for publishing applications. You can launch the wizard from within the Citrix Access Management Console. Recommended settings for each wizard panel are as follows:
Settings assume the default installation location: C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Lotus\\Expeditor\\
- Welcome: There are no configuration options. Continue to the next panel.
- Name: Type a display name, such as Lotus Expeditor and complete the application description.
- Type: In the Application section, select Accessed from server and Installed application.
- Location: Complete the following fields:
Command line: C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Lotus\\Expeditor\\rcp\\rcplauncher.exe
Working directory: C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Lotus\\Expeditor\\rcp
Isolate application: Disable this check box.
- Servers: Add one or more configured Citrix server names to deliver Lotus Expeditor to client machines.
- Users: Add one or more user names, which require access to Lotus Expeditor.
- Shortcut presentation:
- Application icon:
- The rcplauncher.exe binary does not contain icon information to allow branding and customization. Therefore, it is necessary to point to a specific Windows® ICO file.
- The default Lotus Expeditor branding icon is located at C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Lotus\\Expeditor\\rcp\\eclipse\\features\\com.ibm.rcp.personality.default.branding.feature_version\\win32x86\\xpd.ico
- Application shortcut placement: You can add the previously specified icon to the client machine's Start Menu or as a Desktop shortcut, but is not necessary. If the icon is not added to either location, users must access the Citrix Web Interface to log in and, subsequently, launch Lotus Expeditor.
- Publish immediately: Click Finish. Lotus Expeditor is available for Citrix users to access.
Parent topic: Installing and launching the Expeditor Client in a Citrix environment: XPD622