Perform the following steps to configure a project to use the Sun JSF Reference Implementation:
- Create a Client Services project with JSF support. See instructions in Java Server Faces (JSF) development. The project will be configured to use Apache JSF at project runtime or export (non-Apache artifacts may exists at project creation time).
- Open the Manifest editor for the project, and select the Dependencies tab.
- If org.apache.myfaces is listed under Required Plug-ins, remove it.
- Add com.ibm.pvc.servlet.jsf to the Required Plug-ins.
- Edit the project's Client Services properties.
- Right click the project and select Properties. Select the Client Services page.
- Deselect the Apache MyFaces feature from the project's Target features, and click OK.
When running the project, you must manually select the proper plug-in to include it in the runtime. On the launch configuration Plug-ins tab, ensure that com.ibm.pvc.servlet.jsf
When using Run on Server, you can get to this tab through the Advanced…
Parent topic: Using the Sun JSF Reference Implementation: XPD622