Configuring the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement PortletAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can deploy the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet, it must be configured.
Before you can deploy the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet, it must be configured.
To configure the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet:
- Make sure the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet is properly installed on WebSphere® Portal.
- Log on to WebSphere Portal using administrator's credentials.
- Click Administration under Product Links.
- Expand Portlet Management and click Portlets.
- Locate the portlet named Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet.
Tip: To quickly find the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet, select Title contains in the Search by field and specify Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement in the Search field.
- Click the copy portlet icon to create a copy.
- Name your copy of the portlet as appropriate and click OK.
- Place the new copy on the appropriate perspective page.
- Click the Portal down-arrow and select Configure from the drop down menu.
- Specify the URL of the Web Services Description Language (WSDL) document of the WSRP producer (for example, http://MyServer:port/contextRoot/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl).
Note: If you are using WebSphere Portal as the WSRP producer, refer to Using WSRP services with WebSphere Portal -> Producer tasks -> WSRP service description in the WebSphere Portal information center.
- Enable the security option for this producer. Make sure you are familiar with the security configuration of the WSRP producer you specified. Select from the following security options:
WSRP producer does not have any security configuration.LTPA
The WSRP producer is using LTPA token for authentication. If the WSRP producer is not in the Portal server that hosts the Rich Client WSRP Enablement Portlet, you should configure single sign-on between these two Portal servers.
- For the security configuration for Portal, refer to Using WSRP services with WebSphere Portal -> Security considerations for using WSRP with WebSphere Portal in the WebSphere Portal information center.
- After configuring single sign-on for the WSRP producer server and the Portal server that hosts the Rich Client WSRP Enablement Portlet, you cannot use IP to set up other configurations to identify these servers.
WSRP producer is using Username token for authentication. If you select this option, you need to specify an available account on this Portal server in the Credential Vault portlet, using the URL in step 10 as the resource name. Note that the Credential Vault portlet will also need a "Slot Name", it is suggested to set the same name for both the "resource name" and the "slot name".
- Click OK to go to the next page.
- Select the portlet you want to deploy from the list of WSRP-enabled portlets for this producer. The next page is displayed.
- Specify the client-side clone options. Select from the following options:
Don't need a clone
All of the WSRP portlet viewers on the client-side will share one remote portlet instance.Need a clone
Every WSRP portlet viewer will clone a new portlet instance in the WSRP producer.Note:
If the WSRP producer is the WebSphere Portal server, select Don't need a clone
; otherwise, select Need a clone
- Click Submit to save the changes and return to the view mode.
The Rich Client WSRP Enablement Portlet is configured and ready to be deployed.
Parent topic: Using the Rich Client WSRP Viewer Enablement Portlet: XPD622