To configure the IBM® HTTP Server for SSL, you must configure port 443 to accept HTTPS requests.
Complete these steps to configure the IBM HTTP Server for SSL:
- Open the httpd.conf configuration file so that you can enable the SSL directives.
- Change any "Listen" directives to 443 from 80.
- Uncomment or add the LoadModule ibm_ssl_module modules/mod_ibm_ssl.so configuration directive.
- Create an SSL virtual host stanza in the httpd.conf file using the examples and directives documented in the IBM HTTP Server Information Center.
- Save and close the IBM HTTP Server httpd.conf configuration file.
- Restart the IBM HTTP Server.
- Open a browser window and point to https://hostname to verify that the changes you made are functioning properly. (Where hostname refers to the host name of your IBM HTTP Server.)
Parent topic: Securing with SSL: XPD622