Add the change locale function to enable users to manage the operating system locale.
Use the Workbench Change Locale Administration portlet to add a toolbar button, preference page, or status bar contribution to the workbench.
If your Lotus® Expeditor Client platform is Windows-based platform, you must restart your computer for the locale change to take effect. If your platform is Linux-based, you must logoff and log back on for the locale change to take effect.
To add the change locale function, follow these steps:
- Place the Workbench Change Locale Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page and enter Configure mode to configure the settings.
- Configure the settings for the Workbench Change Locale Administration portlet. Select the location on the workbench where the change locale function is to appear:
Click Set localizable values to set localizable values for the Tooltip and Label fields.
To enter localized values for a supported language, click the edit icon in the row corresponding to that language. In the follow-on screen (Editing localizable values), enter localized values for the selected language. Enter the localized value for each field and click OK.
Click OK again to return to the configure screen.
Click Set advanced options to set the advanced options associated with this portlet.
Assign appropriate access permissions to the portlet. In the Administration navigation panel, expand Access and click Resource Permissions. In the resource type table, click Portlets.
Locate the Workbench Change Locale Administration portlet and click the access permissions icon to assign appropriate permissions.
- Show as an icon on the workbench status bar
- Show as an icon on the workbench toolbar
- Show as a workbench preference page
The Change Locale Administration portlet is configured on a WebSphere® Portal page.
Parent topic: Using the Workbench Administration portlet: XPD622