Use the system shutdown function portlet to add a toolbar button or preference page to the Lotus® Expeditor workbench. The Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet enables users to shutdown from within the workbench.
Use the Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet to add a toolbar button or preference page to the workbench. The Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet allows users to shutdown the system from within the workbench.
The Restricted Workbench Service must be enabled on the client for the Workbench System Shutdown to be effective.
- Place the Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page and enter Configure mode to configure the settings.
- Configure the settings for the Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet. Select the location on the workbench where the system shutdown function is to appear:
- Show as an icon on the workbench status bar
- Show as an icon on the workbench toolbar
- Show as an item on the workbench menu bar
Check each area where the shutdown function should appear.
Click Set localizable values to set localizable values for the Tooltip and Label fields.
To enter localized values for a supported language, click the edit icon in the row corresponding to that language. In the follow-on screen (Editing localizable values), enter localized values for the selected language. Enter the localized value for each field and click OK.
Click OK again to return to the configure screen.
Click Set advanced options to set the advanced options associated with this portlet.
Assign appropriate access permissions to the portlet. In the Administration navigation panel, expand Access and click Resource Permissions. In the resource type table, click Portlets. Locate the Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet and click the access permissions icon to assign appropriate permissions.
A new instance of the Workbench System Shutdown Administration portlet is created and is configured on a WebSphere® Portal page.
Parent topic: Using the Workbench Administration portlet: XPD622
Restricted Workbench Service: XPD622