The Lotus® Expeditor Toolkit has extended the functionality of a regular PDE target definition. To support this new functionality, Lotus Expeditor Toolkit has additional elements and attributes not found in a traditional PDE target definition. You should use the new Client Services Target Editor to edit Expeditor specific Target files. The PDE target definition editor is not aware of these additional elements and attributes, and it will remove them when you use it to modify the target definition.
A target can contain a list of feature elements. These elements are displayed on the Target
tab of the Client Services Launcher. By default, all listed elements are required and cannot be deselected. For more information, refer to Client Services Target files
A target definition may also specify the config.ini
location to be used during launch. The location can be absolute or contain variables. The value of the location will set the location of the config.ini
template to be used for launching. You can set the config location on the Configuration page.
A default personality can also be specified with a personality
element with an id
attribute. The personality can be set in the Product Definition section of the Configuration page.
Additional launcher settings include specifying environment variables. To set environment variables, use the Environment Variables section of the Launching page.
Lastly, a target definition can define the default product and application for launching. These are also specified in the Product Definition section of the Configuration page.
You can replace the default Lotus Expeditor branding with a custom branding, by replacing the Default Branding feature (com.ibm.rcp.personalitydefault.branding.feature
) with your own feature. Branding is the look and feel of the product - it includes splash screens and window decorations. For details on creating your own branding feature, refer to ../com.ibm.rcp.tools.doc.admin/welcome.html .
To launch with your custom branding, you must create a custom target definition:
- Create a general project (File > New > Project > General Project).
- Create a target definition within your general project (File > New > Other > Client Services > Client Services Target).
- Select the general project as the parent folder.
- Specify a name for the target.
- Select Finish. The target definition editor appears with your new target definition.
- Customize your new target definition:
- On the Overview page, remove com.ibm.rcp.personality.personality.default.branding.feature by clicking it and selecting Remove.
- Select Add and select your custom branding feature.
- Save your target definition.
- To launch your new target definition, select Run > Run Configurations... The run wizard appears.
- Double click Client Services.
- On the Main tab, locate the Program to Run box. Select your custom product from the drop down list.
- On the Target tab, Browse to find and select your custom target definition.
- Review the features that are selected. You can only deselect features that are not required.
- Select Run.
Lotus Expeditor launches with your custom branding.
Parent topic: Target Definitions: XPD622