Lotus® Expeditor provides a fully-featured scheduler implementation that is responsible for scheduling synchronization tasks. In addition, a preference page is provided to select the scheduling options.
If the provided scheduler is insufficient in meeting the needs, the default scheduler can be removed and a new a implementation provided.
- Create a new scheduler service.
- Create an implementation of the com.ibm.rcp.sync.manager.SyncScheduler interface to provide basic scheduling tasks. The scheduler needs to support SyncManager.NORMAL_PRIORITY_FILTERNAME and SyncManager.HIGH_PRIORITY_FILTERNAME.
- Create an implementation of com.ibm.rcp.sync.service.scheduler.SyncSchedulerService that will return your implementation of the SyncScheduler.
- Create the extension definition for com.ibm.rcp.sync.schedulerServices to contribute your SyncSchedulerService.
- Implement a preference page if needed, and define it using the org.eclipse.ui.preferencePages extension.
Once you have created your implementation, create the deployment packaging (plugins and features). When you deploy your implementation, you will also need to remove the scheduler provide by Lotus Expeditor by removing the com.ibm.rcp.syncui.scheduler.feature
from the platform.
Parent topic: Using Sync Manager: XPD622