You can define a new property in a managed property file for one or more clients using a new properties task. To run a new properties task using the administrative console, follow these steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Click the client ID of one of the clients. You will be able to select additional clients in a later step including targeting a filter.
- Click Properties Inventory.
- Select New Properties from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information on task types.
- Enter the file name, property name, and property value of the new property.
- To create multiple properties click the Add button. When you are done adding properties, click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
If you attempt to create a new property that already exists, the existing property value will be updated.
Parent topic: Managing properties files: XPD622