Custom table controlAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
The custom table control uses the Eclipse JFace model, view, controller (MVC) framework to present data to users in a clearly structured format.
The custom table control supports generic SWT widgets. It provides interfaces and listeners to support an asynchronous data loading mechanism. An asynchronous data loading mechanism enables the table to load data only on an as-needed basis, improving the performance and reducing the memory cost normally associated with retrieving data. The custom table control has the following features:
- Supports flat list and vertical layouts; supports a tree model.
- Provides a customizable user interface. It enables users to highlight text strings, edit cell content, add alternating row background colors, color-code text, show, hide, or resize columns, and drag and drop columns or data.
- Enables users to quick find data.
- Supports nested tables.
- Its widgets are skinnable, which means the color and font of the table, table body, and header match the style of the application if the application is using a custom theme.
- Supports gutter selection (used in Notes®) or Ctrl+ key selection (used in standard operating systems).
- Provides listeners to report user selections.
- Provides widgets that support the SWT accessibility APIs.
- Provides bidirectional support.
The Custom Table Control is comprised of the following parts:
Parent topic: Custom widgets: XPD622