The Lotus® Expeditor platform includes support for running web applications that dynamically generate JSPs or modify the content of existing JSP's at runtime. Web or Portlet applications developed using the WebSphere® Portlet Factory toolkit are examples of applications that require dynamic JSP support.
In order to take advantage of dynamic JSP support, developers and users must perform the following procedure:
- Install the Lotus Expeditor 6.2 client from the Lotus Expeditor product CD. Choose the default settings during installation.
- Launch the Lotus Expeditor 6.2 client
- Select File > Application > Install.
- Select Search for new features to install.
- Select Next.
- Select the Add Folder Location button to create a new Local update site and point to the \\desktop\\updates\\platform directory of the Lotus Expeditor product CD.
- Select Finish.
- Select the Web Container - JSP Compiler Bridge and the Eclipse Java™ Development Tools features from the runtimes category of the update site.
Upon installation of the these features, the Lotus Expeditor 6.2 platform supports dynamic JSP's.
When using the dynamic JSP support for the Lotus Expeditor Toolkit, ensure the Web Container - JSP Compiler Bridge
and Eclipse Java Development Tools
features are selected in the Client Services target profile. Target profiles provide a convenient method for you to specify the set of components included in your debug and test platform. For more information on Client Services projects and target profiles, refer to Using Lotus Expeditor Toolkit
Parent topic: Developing Web Application logic: XPD622