Implementing an embedded Web browser viewAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|The embedded browser is a configurable and manageable browser that you can embed in a client application. The com.ibm.rcp.ui.browser plug-in provides APIs that you can use to implement a web browser view.
The embedded browser is a configurable and manageable browser that you can embed in a client application. The com.ibm.rcp.ui.browser plug-in provides APIs that you can use to implement a web browser view.
The embedded browser plug-in does the following:
- Provides default user interface controls, such as a toolbar, status bar, and history bar.
- Is based on the DOM Browser developed by IBM®. The DOM Browser is based on the Eclipse Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) Browser, and also leverages APIs that are native to the supported browsers.
- Supports Internet Explorer on Windows® and Mozilla on Linux®.
- Supports displaying pages in HTML/DHTML(CSS/Script), and XML format. Supports displaying plug-ins, applets, activeX, flash, and PDF content.
- Provides APIs that you can use to customize it and configure its security.
- Supports the com.ibm.rcp.ui.browser.portal-feature feature in a managed client environment, which you can install to add the Managed Browser Administration Portlet to WebSphere® Portal. Administrators can use this portlet to further customize the browser view.
- Utilizes the proxy preference setting within the Lotus® Expeditor client. For more information about proxy settings, please refer to Configuring the proxy settings for Lotus Expeditor.
To implement an embedded browser, perform the following steps:
- Create an embedded browser.
- Enhance the embedded browser view.
Parent topic: Implementing an embedded Web browser: XPD622