The first step in performing a custom installation is to install the server core files. This includes using the configuration wizard that guides you through adding components.
- On Windows® systems only, log in as an administrator in the local server domain (not part of a Windows domain).
- Insert the Lotus® Expeditor Server DVD in the drive.
Note: You might need to manually mount the product installation media on AIX® and Linux® platforms.
- Open a command window, change to the root directory on the DVD and enter the following command to start the installation:
Select Install IBM® Lotus Expeditor.
From Install IBM Lotus Expeditor, select Launch the installation wizard for Lotus Expeditor Server.
- UNIX®: ./launchpad.sh
- Windows: launchpad.exe
Note: The installation program does not accept bi-directional characters as input.
Review the text on the Welcome panel and click Next. The Lotus Expeditor Server installation program completes the following actions:
Note: If you are installing from a network drive, there might be a delay before the installation program starts.
Note: If the installation does not start, check the console where the launchpad was started for error messages.
- Verifies that Lotus Expeditor Server supports your operating system.
- Verifies that you have enough memory and disk space to support the Lotus Expeditor Server installation.
- Verifies that you do not have a previous version of any of the Lotus Expeditor Server components installed on your system.
If your system passes the verifications, the License panel displays.
Review the terms of the license and select I accept the terms of the license agreement if you agree to the terms and click Next. The type of installation panel displays
Note: If you select I do not accept the terms of the license agreement, the installation process ends.
Specify the type of installation, typical or custom. In this scenario, select custom. Click Next. The Installation Location panel displays.
On the Lotus Expeditor Server Installation Location panel, specify the location where you want to install Lotus Expeditor Server. You can type the directory location in the field or go to the location by selecting Browse and navigating to a directory. Click Next.
Click Next. The Installation Summary panel displays.
Verify that the information on the Installation Summary panel is correct and click Next.
Note: A custom installation of Lotus Expeditor Server is a two phase process. During the custom installation phase, the installation program copies core files to your local system. In the configuration phase, you select which components to deploy and configure.
After the installation program completes, Lotus Expeditor Server launches the configuration wizard.
Parent topic: Performing a custom install: XPD622