This topic describes how to install a single Lotus® Expeditor Server using the "typical" install option.
The following instructions include instructions for AIX®, Linux®, and Windows® operating systems. You also have the option to install a single server using the install.rsp response file. For details, see Using the install.rsp file
A typical install installs and configures all services of Lotus Expeditor Server on a single server. The databases can be local or remote. A typical install is useful for quickly setting up a demonstration or pilot system. With a typical install, the only database choice is DB2®. If you need to use a different database, you must select a custom install.
These steps assume that you have installed the necessary prerequisites and intend to complete the installation in one attempt by completing the information on each panel and continuing to the next panel. At any point during the installation, you can select Back
to return to the previous panel or select Cancel
to abort the installation. See Lotus Expeditor 6.2 Server system requirements: XPD622
for information about prerequisites. Also see Preparing your operating system for installation
Installing Lotus Expeditor Server
- On Windows systems only, log in as an administrator user in the local server domain (not part of a Windows domain).
- Insert the Lotus Expeditor Server DVD in the drive.
Note: You might need to manually mount the product installation media on AIX and Linux platforms.
- Open a command window, change to the root directory on the DVD and enter the following command to start the installation:
- Select Install IBM® Lotus Expeditor.
- Under Install IBM Lotus Expeditor, select Launch the installation wizard for Lotus Expeditor Server.
- The installation program does not accept bi-directional characters as input.
- If you are installing from a network drive, there might be a delay before the installation program starts.
- If the installation does not start, check the console where the launchpad was started for error messages.
- Review the text on the Welcome panel and click Next. The Lotus Expeditor Server installation program completes the following actions:
- Verifies that Lotus Expeditor Server supports the operating system that resides on your system.
- Verifies that you have enough memory and disk space to support the Lotus Expeditor Server installation.
- Verifies that you do not have a previous version of any of the Lotus Expeditor Server components installed on your system.
If your system passes the verifications check described, the License panel is displayed.
Review the terms of the license and select "I accept the terms of the license agreement" if you agree to the terms and click Next.
Note: If you select "I do not accept the terms of the license agreement", the installation program prevents you from continuing any further.
Specify the type of installation, typical or custom. In this scenario, select typical and click Next.
If you accepted the terms of the license, the Installation type panel is displayed.
The Prerequisite Software panel is displayed. Confirm the DB2 installation path is correct. If not, correct your DB2 environment and restart the install. Specify the directory where IBM WebSphere® Application Server is installed or accept the default directory listed, and click Next.
Specify the fully-qualified host name of the system where you are installing Lotus Expeditor Server. This value must be a fully-qualified name registered with your Domain Name System (DNS). You cannot specify an IP address instead of a host name. Click Next.
Specify the WebSphere Application Server profile name into which your Lotus Expeditor Server will be configured. The installation program supplies default values. If you want to use a different profile than the profile selected by the installation program, you need to update the profile name. After you specify a value, click Next.
only: The DB2 instance
panel is displayed. Specify the DB2 instance user to use and click Next
Complete the following fields on the Lotus Expeditor Server Administrator Information panel:
- See Determining WebSphere Application Server configuration for more information on determining the profile name.
- The installation program verifies you have the prerequisite software installed at a version level that Lotus Expeditor Server supports.
- The installation program also verifies that WebSphere administrative and application security are enabled and the node is unmanaged.
The Lotus Expeditor Server Administrator Information
panel is displayed.
Click Next. The administrator ID and password, group existence, group membership, and roles will be validated.
Click Next. The Database Location panel is displayed.
On the Database Location panel, select the location of the Lotus Expeditor Client databases. To use a local database server installed on this system, select Local. To use a database server on another system, select Remote.
Click Next. The Database Login panel is displayed.
Complete the following fields on the Lotus Expeditor Server Database Login panel:
- Database Administrator ID: Specify the administrator user ID configured for the database server.
- Database Administrator Password: Specify the password used for the database administrator ID.
Click Next. The database information is validated. There may be a delay when validating a remote database. The Synchronization Services group information panel is displayed next.
On the Synchronization Services group information panel, complete the following fields:
Complete the following additional fields if you are using a remote database:
- Host name: Specify the fully-qualified host name of the system where the database server is installed. This value must be a full-qualified name registered with your Domain Name System (DNS). You cannot specify an IP address instead of a host name.
- Port number: Specify the database port number. The default port number for DB2 is 50000.
The installation program verifies that this administrator user ID already exists. You cannot proceed until you enter a valid database administrator user ID and password. If you specified Remote
for the database location, the product databases must already exist. See Creating the databases (optional)
for information on creating databases on the remote database server.
- Synchronization Services group name: Specify the group name to which all users of the synchronization servers must belong. This group must already exist in the user repository. The default is xpdsyncusers.
- Prefix for Synchronization Groups: Specify the group name prefix for synchronization groups. Groups that will be associated with synchronization subscriptions must begin with this prefix name. Users of the synchronization services must belong to one of these groups.
The Installation Location panel is displayed next.
On the Lotus Expeditor Server Installation Location panel, specify the location where you want to install Lotus Expeditor Server. You can type the directory location in the field or go to the location by selecting Browse and navigating to a directory. Click Next.
Click Next. The Installation Summary panel is displayed.
Verify that the information on the Installation Summary panel is correct and click Next.
Note: Installing Lotus Expeditor Server is a two phase process. During the installation phase, the installation program copies files to your local system. In the configuration phase, the installation program creates databases and Web applications.
On the final configuration panel, click Finish to complete the configuration. See Verifying the installation to ensure you have properly installed Lotus Expeditor Server.
See Using the First Steps console to get started using the product.
After the installation program completes, Lotus Expeditor Server launches the configuration wizard.
Tip: If you encounter an error during the configuration phase, see ../com.ibm.xpd.support.doc/ts_wed_server_intro.html in this information center.
Verifying the installation
- To verify your installation, launch the First Steps console.
- Select Verify Install from the First Steps panel.
- Verify that you receive the message, CWPSF1535I Verification of Lotus Expeditor Server Completed SUCCESSFULLY at the end of the verification.
Parent topic: Installation procedures and scenarios: XPD622