As administrator, you need to inform your users on how to install the Lotus® Expeditor Client from the Web using supported devices.
If a user recieves a "get page-cannot-be-found" error from the download links on the NCI download page for mobile platforms, this is because the NCI installer provides desktop download files on an HTTP server. To solve this issue, you must copy all CAB and SISX files from <device_image_CD>\\device\\install
folder to the HTTP server document root. For IBM® HTTP Server (IHS), the location of the HTTP server document root is:
For the default NCI server install, the respective installation files reside in the following directories:
- Windows® Mobile Professional - <IHS_ROOT>/htdocs/en_US/Expeditor/install/wm
- Windows Mobile Standard - <IHS_ROOT>/htdocs/en_US/Expeditor/install/wmstd
- Windows CE - <IHS_ROOT>/htdocs/en_US/Expeditor/install/wince
- Nokia S60 - <IHS_ROOT>/htdocs/en_US/Expeditor/install/s60
If you are using a different HTTP server, consult that document for the location of the HTTP document root.
You must also inform your users of the following steps:
- Provide users with the URL to your customized installation Web site. Use the sample HTML template provided and customize it for your environment. The default is http://<server>/Expeditor/applet/text/<language>/DownloadListIndex.html.
- Select the appropriate link for your platform from the list at the bottom. This causes a .cab or .SISX file to be downloaded to the device. When the device asks if the file should be automatically installed, users should select yes, install the file automatically. After the installation is complete, users must manually configure the rest of the settings.
- Upon completion, the users of enterprise managed devices must set Enterprise Management preferences. This can be done by installing a configuration file you provide to them or by setting the fields in the Enterprise Management preference page. This preference page is accessible on the device from the Application Manager by selecting Command -> Preferences. See Configuring the Enterprise Management Agent for more information on Enterprise Management Agent parameters.
Parent topic: Installing with the Network Client Installer: XPD622