This topic describes how to prepare the DB2® Everyplace® 9.1.3 server installed with Lotus® Expeditor Server 6.2 for migration.
Prerequisites are as follows:
- Make sure that you meet the Requirements for parallel migration.
- Install the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 Sync Server component of Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2. The Lotus Expeditor Toolkit provides an iSync sample that can be used to verify the functionality of the DB2 Everyplace Sync Server.
- The Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 must be configured with the same external registry as the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system.
- Use the system user IDs and passwords from the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 server.
To prepare the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 server on the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 system for migration, follow these steps:
- Stop the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 Sync Server servlet.
- Create mirror databases for all JDBC subscriptions that you want to migrate. Do not create mirror databases for DataPropagator subscriptions. You will back up and restore mirror databases for DataPropagator subscriptions at a later time.
- Catalog the source databases.
If you are using a DB2 series source database, you must catalog the source databases to make it accessible. See the DB2 Information Center
for catalog steps.
If your source database is non-DB2, enter the correct information for the JDBC driver while you are creating a subscription so that it can connect to the source database correctly. For more information about connecting to non-DB2 source databases while creating subscriptions, see the Subscriptions topic of the ../com.ibm.xpdserver.doc.db2e/sag/dbesst0901.html.
If you are using test source databases, make sure that this database is accessible instead of the production source database. You can use test source databases only with JDBC subscriptions.
- For file subscriptions only, copy the subscribed files that have the same directory path as the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.x server to the new DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 server.
Parent topic: Migrating DB2 Everyplace data: XPD622