Reconfiguring the DB2 Everyplace VNurse sampleAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you update the WebSphere® federated repository configuration or the repository is read-only, see this topic for instructions to reconfigure the VNurse sample provided by DB2® Everyplace®.
If you update the WebSphere® federated repository configuration or the repository is read-only, see this topic for instructions to reconfigure the VNurse sample provided by DB2® Everyplace®.
The VNurse sample configuration is automatically set up only with a local database installation scenario. The configuration process will attempt to create the sample users and groups in the federated repository. This will typically work when WebSphere is configured to use the default file-based repository. In the event that an LDAP is being used, the user and group creation may fail.
Complete the following steps to reconfigure the VNurse sample:
- Create the following users and groups in the LDAP server.
- Create users named nurse1, nurse2 and nurse3. The password, in all cases, should match the userid. For example, nurse1 should have a password of nurse1.
- Create a group whose name begins with DB2e, where DB2e is the synchronization group prefix with which the Expeditor Server is configured. The default is DB2eGroup1.
- Verify that the nurse1, nurse2, and nurse3 users are members of both groups.
- (Optional) Depending on whether or not you created the users and groups in the LDAP server after opening the DB2 Everyplace Mobile Device Administration Center console, you might be required to refresh the list of users and groups in the Users and Groups folders in the console. To refresh the list of users and groups, log in to the console and right-click on the Users and Groups folders. Then select Refresh WAS Registry Users.
- Edit the SUBSCRIPTION_SET1 subscription set in the console to assign the subscription set to the DB2e group you created. To edit the SUBSCRIPTION_SET1 subscription set, see Making the subscription set available to a group.
You can now successfully perform a DB2 Everyplace synchronization with the VNurse sample.
Parent topic: Configuring Lotus Expeditor Server: XPD622