This topic describes the steps that you need to perform before adding an additional server to an existing Lotus® Expeditor Server cluster.
These steps assume you have already created an initial cluster. If you have not already clustered Lotus Expeditor Server, see Creating a cluster
- You have installed all prerequisite software. See Installing prerequisite software. See Lotus Expeditor 6.2 Server system requirements: XPD622 for information about prerequisites. Also see Preparing your operating system for installation.
- Database prerequisite software must be installed in the same directory location on all servers in the cluster.
- The server operating system should be the same as the initial Lotus Expeditor Server.
- The target WebSphere® configuration profile must be configured for the same managed environment as the initial Lotus Expeditor Server cluster.
- Perform a custom install to install the Lotus Expeditor Server core files. See Performing a custom install for the custom install steps to install the core files.
- Change the timeout request for the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) client. Edit the file was_install_dir/profiles/profile_name/properties/ directory/soap.client.props and change the com.ibm.SOAP.requestTimeout value to 6000. Ensure there is no white space following com.ibm.SOAP.requestTimeout=6000.
- If you are utilizing the services of the DB2® Everyplace® Synchronization Server, you must catalog any source and mirror databases associated with DB2 Everyplace JDBC Subscription definitions before you add the additional Expeditor Server on this server. When the installation process has completed, this server is available to service client synchronization requests. If the databases are not cataloged, synchronization requests fail.
Parent topic: Adding an additional server: XPD622