All application types that can be run on the Lotus® Expeditor Client can also be deployed and run through Web Start. All that is required is that the application be packaged in one or more features, and that a product configuration be created for it.
Java Web Start requires J2SE support on the client. For this reason, only the J2SE JRE that is delivered through the DRE is supported as a Java runtime. The DesktopEE and DeviceEE JREs are not supported.
Supported operating system platforms include:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 1 and 2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 and 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Red Hat EL 4.0 WS with GTK support - Update 4
- Red Hat EL 5.0 WS with GTK support
- SUSE Linux® Enterprise Desktop 10
Lotus Expeditor Runtimes DRE feature must be installed on the client. For more information, see Installing Web Start support on the client
Parent topic: Deploying applications through Web Start: XPD622