This topic describes how to uninstall Lotus® Expeditor Server from your system.
Lotus Expeditor Server provides an integrated uninstallation program that is similar to the installation program in that removal of configuration and removal of the components are two separate and distinct phases of the uninstallation process. The configuration removal deletes the Lotus Expeditor Server application servers and associated configuration from WebSphere® Application Server. The uninstall process will prompt you as to whether to remove the Client Management Services database from the database server. (The uninstall for DB2® Everyplace® never drops the databases). The component uninstallation removes all component files and registry entries. If the configuration removal is successful, the uninstallation phase launches automatically.
Note the following exceptions:
- The DB2 Everyplace databases are not dropped.
- Log files and other files generated after the initial installation will not be removed.
- Databases on remote database systems are not dropped. These database can be dropped manually after the Lotus Expeditor Server uninstall completes.
- You have the option of uninstalling Lotus Expeditor Server, Version 6.2 using response files. For instructions, see Using the uninstall.rsp file.
- For a clustered environment, ensure that the Deployment Manager and node agent are started before you start to uninstall the product.
- Ensure that the DB2 server is started before you start to uninstall the product. If the product databases are on a remote system, that database server must be running before starting the uninstallation process.
- The uninstallation program removes the configuration before removing all of the components completely. See the following steps to uninstall Lotus Expeditor Server from your system. In a cluster environment, these steps must run on each Lotus Expeditor Server system. The first Lotus Expeditor Server node that was added to the cluster (the primary node) must be uninstalled last. The uninstaller will block the uninstallation of the Lotus Expeditor Server primary node until you successfully uninstall all the secondary nodes in the cluster.
At any point during the uninstallation, you can click Back
to return to the previous panel or click Cancel
to abort the uninstall program.
To uninstall Lotus Expeditor Server, follow these steps:
- Uninstall any Lotus Expeditor Server updates.
- Start the uninstallation program as follows:
- Go to the Windows® control panel and double-click on Add or Remove Programs to begin the uninstallation.
- Select IBM® Lotus Expeditor Server.
- Click Change / Remove.
- The Welcome Panel is displayed.
- Click Next.
- The uninstall response file is loaded and the database connections are validated. This may take a few minutes.
The uninstall wizard will check to see if any components are installed and configured. If a component is present, the uninstall wizard provides a check box to start the configuration wizard and remove components individually. It is recommended to remove components using the configuration wizard, because it provides the most feedback if any errors occur during component removal. See Removing a component from Lotus Expeditor Server
for more details. If you continue with components installed, the uninstall wizard will remove them. However it will not report all errors that might occur.
The Uninstallation Summary
panel is displayed.
- Verify the information on the uninstallation summary panel is correct, and click Next.
The configuration removal phase displays progress panels that indicate the level of completeness of the configuration removal.
When the configuration removal completes, the uninstallation program is automatically launched. The progress panels displayed indicate the level of completeness of the uninstallation phase.
- Click Finish to complete the uninstallation process.
Parent topic: Installing Lotus Expeditor Server: XPD622