A task can be created to change the values for the Enterprise Management agent configuration parameters. You can choose to update some settings and not update others in the same task.
You can modify the following settings:
Poll On Startup
Enables periodic polling by the client. If disabled, the client will only contact the server when it starts( depending on the Poll on Startup setting) or if notified (see Client notification
If enabled, the client will attempt to contact the server when it starts upPolling Start Time
Time of day when polling should start, in form of HH:mm, where HH is the 24 hour time of day, mm is the minutesPolling End Time
Time of day when polling should stop in form of HH:mm, where HH is the 24 hour time of day, mm is the minutesPolling Interval
How often the client should poll the server, in the form of hh:mm, where hh is the number of hours, and mm is number of minutesServer Address
The URL of the Client Management server servlet. You should be very careful when updating this setting. If it is incorrect, the client will not be able to contact the server, and you will have to manually adjust it on the client to recoverUser Name
The user the client uses to contact the serverPassword
The password the client uses to contact the server
To make a task to change the Enterprise Management agent configuration parameters using the administrative console, perform the following steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Optionally, select the clients you want to target. If you want to target a filter, do not select any clients. You will be able to select the filter in a later step.
- From the Actions menu, select Update Enterprise Agent Account and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information on task types.
- Set the Enterprise Agent Account Options you want to change and click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
Parent topic: Managing with a Client Management server: XPD622