The first step is to upgrade the server core files, followed by upgrading the configuration of any installed components.
Before you begin the upgrade process, you must first remove any previously installed maintenance (test fixes, interim fixes) that may have been applied to Lotus® Expeditor Server. Maintenance can be removed by using the product update installer from the support site that was previously used to apply the maintenance. After upgrading the server, check the support site for any maintenance that is still applicable to the new level.
To begin the upgrading process, perform the following procedure:
- On Windows® systems only, log in as an administrator in the local server domain (not part of a Windows domain).
- Insert the Lotus Expeditor Server DVD in the drive.
Note: You might need to manually mount the product installation media on AIX® and Linux® platforms.
- Open a command window and change to the root directory on the DVD. Enter the following command to start the installation, depending on your operating system:
- Select Install IBM® Lotus Expeditor.
- Select Launch the installation wizard for Lotus Expeditor Server.
Note: The installation program does not accept bi-directional characters as input.
Note: If you are installing from a network drive, there might be a delay before the installation program starts.
Note: If the installation does not start, check the console where the launchpad was started for error messages.
- Review the text on the Welcome panel and click Next. The Lotus Expeditor Server installation program completes the following actions:
On the upgrade panel, you are given the option to have the upgrade display a summary before upgrading installed components. If you would like to pause before upgrading the components, check the box. Otherwise click Next to continue.
The Upgrade summary panel displays. Click Next.
The installation program upgrades the core files and launches the configuration wizard.
If you selected to pause before upgrading components, the configuration wizard displays a pre-upgrade summary. You will need to upgrade existing components before performing any other configuration. Click Next.
The configuration wizard applies updates and redeploys the updated applications.
Once the component upgrade finishes, an upgrade summary displays. If you would like to perform additional configuration, click the check box to restart the configurator. Otherwise, click Next to exit.
Verify that the summary panel is correct and click Next.
- Verifies that Lotus Expeditor Server supports your operating system.
- Verifies that you have enough memory and disk space to support the Lotus Expeditor Server installation.
- Checks for existing versions of Lotus Expeditor Server and determines if an upgrade path is available.
- Displays the upgrade panel if an upgrade path is available.
Note: A custom installation of Lotus Expeditor Server is a two phase process. During the custom installation phase, the installation program copies core files to your local system. In the configuration phase, you select which components to deploy and configure.
After the configuration upgrade completes, you may use Lotus Expeditor Server, or launch the configuration wizard to perform additional actions.
Parent topic: Performing an upgrade install: XPD622