The validation tool allows deployers to test installation kit changes before rolling out new installations of Lotus® Expeditor. If the installation kit is modified to remove or add features in the platform it is recommended that the validation tool is run against the modified install kit to verify that the changes are valid for installation.
The validation tool catches common errors that occur when modifying the installation kit, such as invalid syntax, version mismatches, and missing resources. The tool tests three main areas to ensure that the installation manifest and update site are valid for install:
- Manifest Validation - ensures that the installation manifest has valid XML and provisioning syntax.
- Tests the XML for valid syntax
- Tests the XML against a provisioning schema to ensure that the correct required attributes and fields are set
- Tests certain attributes in the XML to ensure that they are valid for provisioning
- Update Site Validation - ensures that the update site is valid and not missing any features or plug-ins
- Loads the plug-ins into the OSGi resolver to ensure that there are no missing bundles
- Tests all feature and plug-in references in the site.xml to validate that they are included in the update site
- Manifest Features on Update Site Validation - ensures that the exact manifest referenced features can be found on the update site.
- Compares the install manifest against the update site to validate that all referenced features are found and meet the specified match rule
The tool can be found on the CD image in the utils
directory. Copy the validation_tool.zip
from the CD to a temporary location on the disk and unzip.
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Expeditor Client on the desktop: XPD622