Client Services LauncherAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|The launcher supports the ability to run and debug Client Services projects from your workspace. The Client Services runtime launch extends the Eclipse runtime workbench launch. It is suggested that you use the Client Services launcher rather than the Eclipse runtime workbench launcher for running Client Services projects, since it automatically handles setting other parameters for the Lotus® Expeditor runtime.
The launcher supports the ability to run and debug Client Services projects from your workspace. The Client Services runtime launch extends the Eclipse runtime workbench launch. It is suggested that you use the Client Services launcher rather than the Eclipse runtime workbench launcher for running Client Services projects, since it automatically handles setting other parameters for the Lotus
® Expeditor runtime.
Perform the following procedure to run or debug a project using the Lotus
Expeditor runtime launch:
- Select either Run > Run Configurations... or Run > Debug Configurations... to run or debug using the Lotus Expeditor runtime.
- Select Client Services under configurations, and select the New button to create a new configuration or select an existing configuration. At this point you can run the configuration with its current values, or configure it further by completing the following steps.
- The Main tab of the configuration dialog contains default values for Workspace Data, Personality, Program to Run, and Java™ Runtime Environment, which you can modify as needed.
- The Arguments tab contains default values for the Program and VM argument data of this Target Definition, which you can modify as needed.
- The launcher uses the selected workspace target to select the external plug-ins and features to include in the launch. For Expeditor 6.2.x and Notes® 8.5.x, all external plug-ins and features are selected by default. You can use the Target tab to change the target used to configure the launch or to selectively enable or disable features selected for this launch configuration.
- By default, the launcher selects all your workspace plug-ins and Client Services projects. To change the project selection, select or deselect projects in the Workspace section on the Plug-ins tab.
- The Configuration tab contains default configuration data, including the location of the platform configuration file.
- The Tracing tab displays a list of plug-ins that support tracing.
- Use the Environment tab to define environment variables for the configuration.
- Use the Source tab to add any additional sources or archives to the configuration.
- Use the Common tab to specify configuration data for the OSGi console.
- Select either the Run or Debug button to launch the runtime.
If you choose to manually select plug-ins, do not include fragments from Linux
® in your Windows
® environment, or fragments from Windows
in your Linux
environment. If both operating system fragment types are included, the platform will not work correctly. To avoid this problem, use the Plug-ins
tab to select your plug-ins.
If your machine is disconnected from the network (Linux
only), then you must manually add the following entry to the /etc/hosts
This allows the Web Container to function correctly when you are disconnected from the network.
For more information on launch option, refer to the section Running a Plug-in
of the PDE Guide
For more information on debugging, refer to the section Using the Java integrated development environment > Concepts > Local Debugging
of the Developing Java Applications Guide
Parent topic: Local debugging and testing