This section describes how the Expeditor platform provides for automatic searching for updates.
There are several ways that the Expeditor platform provides for automatic searching for updates:
- From the File -> Application -> Install dialog
- From the File -> Application -> Application management dialog (when the Lotus® Expeditor product is selected)
- From an individual feature in the Application Management dialog, if an update site has been configured for that particular feature
- By enabling Automatic Updates using the Install/Update Preference Page or by programmatically updating the applicable Eclipse preference
The search hierarchy for Automatic Updates or Scan for Updates is as follows:
- Update Policy URL
- Update sites specified in individual features
To prevent any updates from occurring based on update sites in individual features, the update policy should always contain a pattern specified as “*
”. Otherwise, if a feature is installed that does not match any patterns in the update policy, the individual update site specified by that feature will be used.
Automatic updates will search for feature updates of equivalent
, or major
, based on the preference setting org.eclipse.update.core/org.eclipse.update.core.updateVersions
Specifying discovery sites and bookmarks for features
Bookmarks are update sites defined in the bookmarks.xml file residing in the configuration directory. Contributions to the bookmarks file can be provided through discovery sites defined in individual features. Bookmarks are not used during the automatic search.
Parent topic: Configuring deployment settings