Contacting IBM supportAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Software Support provides assistance with product defects.
® Software Support provides assistance with product defects.
Before contacting IBM
Software Support, your company must have an active IBM
software maintenance contract, and you must be authorized to submit problems to IBM
. For information about the types of maintenance contracts available, see "Support portfolio" in the Software Support Handbook at http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/home.html
Complete the following steps to contact IBM
Support with a problem:
Parent topic: Lotus Expeditor troubleshooting and support
- Define the problem, gather background information, and determine the severity of the problem. For help, see the "Getting support" section in the Software Support Handbook at http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/getsupport.html.
When explaining a problem to IBM
, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, and messages that are related to the problem symptoms?
- Can the problem be recreated? If so, what steps led to the failure?
- Have any changes been made to the system? (For example, hardware, operating system, networking software)
- Are you currently using a workaround for this problem? If so, please be prepared to explain it when you report the problem.
- Submit your problem to IBM Software Support in one of the following ways:
If the problem you submit is for a software defect or for missing or inaccurate documentation, IBM Software Support creates an Authorized Program Analysis Report (APAR). The APAR describes the problem in detail. Whenever possible, IBM Software Support provides a workaround for you to implement until the APAR is resolved and a fix is delivered. IBM publishes resolved APARs on the IBM product support Web pages daily, so that other users who experience the same problem can benefit from the same resolution.