To enable users to change the operating system keyboard layout, place the Workbench Keyboard Layout Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page.
Use the Workbench Keyboard Layout Administration portlet to add a toolbar button or preference page to the workbench. The Workbench Keyboard Layout Administration portlet allows users to change their operating system keyboard layout from within the workbench.
- Place the Workbench Keyboard Layout Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page and enter Configure mode to configure the settings.
- Configure the settings for the Workbench Keyboard Layout Administration portlet. Select the location on the workbench where the change keyboard function is to appear:
- Show as an icon on the workbench status bar
- Show as an icon on the workbench toolbar
- Show as a workbench preference page
Check each area where the change keyboard layout function should appear.
Click Set localizable values to set localizable values for the Tooltip and Label fields.
To enter localized values for a supported language, click the edit icon in the row corresponding to that language. In the follow-on screen (Editing localizable values), enter localized values for the selected language. Enter the localized value for each field and click OK.
Click OK again to return to the configure screen.
Click Set advanced options to set the advanced options associated with this portlet.
Assign appropriate access permissions to the portlet. In the Administration navigation panel, expand Access and click Resource Permissions. In the resource type table, click Portlets. Locate the Workbench Change Keyboard Layout Administration portlet and click the access permissions icon to assign appropriate permissions.
A new instance of the Workbench Change Keyboard Administration portlet is created and is configured on a WebSphere
® Portal page.
Parent topic: Using the Workbench Administration portlet