Contributing the Workbench Clock Administration portlet to the workbench enables users to add a digital clock to the status bar of the workbench.
To add the status bar clock, follow these steps:
- Place the Workbench Clock Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page and enter Configure mode to configure the settings.
- Configure the settings for the Workbench Clock Administration portlet.
- Click Set localizable values to set localizable values for the Tooltip and Label fields.
- To enter localized values for a supported language, click the edit icon in the row corresponding to that language. In the follow-on screen (Editing localizable values), enter localized values for the selected language. Enter the localized value for each field and click OK.
- Click OK again to return to the configure screen.
- Click Set advanced options to set the advanced options associated with this portlet.
- Assign appropriate access permissions to the portlet. In the Administration navigation panel, expand Access and click Resource Permissions. In the resource type table, click Portlets.
- Locate the Workbench Clock Administration portlet and click the access permissions icon to assign appropriate permissions.
A new instance of the clock admin portlet is created and is configured on a WebSphere
® Portal page.
Parent topic: Using the Workbench Administration portlet