Add the system logoff function to enable users to logoff the system.
Use the Workbench System Logoff Administration portlet to add a toolbar button, menubar, or status bar contribution to the workbench.
The Restricted Workbench Service must be enabled for the Workbench System Logoff Administration portlet to work.
To add the system logoff, follow these steps:
- Place the Workbench System Logoff Administration portlet on the Workbench Contribution page and enter Configure mode to configure the settings.
- Configure the settings for the Workbench System Logoff Administration portlet. Select the location on the workbench where the system logoff function is to appear:
Click Set localizable values to set localizable values for the Tooltip and Label fields.
To enter localized values for a supported language, click the edit icon in the row corresponding to that language. In the follow-on screen (Editing localizable values), enter localized values for the selected language. Enter the localized value for each field and click OK.
Click OK again to return to the configure screen.
Click Set advanced options to set the advanced options associated with this portlet.
Assign appropriate access permissions to the portlet. In the Administration navigation panel, expand Access and click Resource Permissions. In the resource type table, click Portlets. Locate the Workbench System Logoff Administration portlet and click the access permissions icon to assign appropriate permissions.
- Show as an icon on the workbench menubar
- Show as an icon on the workbench toolbar
- Show as an item on the workbench status bar
A new instance of the shutdown admin portlet is created and is configured on a WebSphere
® Portal page.
Parent topic: Using the Workbench Administration portlet
Restricted Workbench Service