This section provides instructions to convert an existing Java
™ EE server (WebSphere
® Application/Portal server) based JSR 168 Portlet project into a Client Services Portlet bundle project that can be targeted to run on the Lotus
® Expeditor runtimes platform.
To do so, perform the following procedure:
Parent topic: Creating Portlet projects
- Start the Rational® Software Delivery Platform (RSDP) with the Lotus Expeditor Toolkit installed.
- Start the Convert Project to Client Services Project wizard by selecting File > New > Other > Client Services > Convert Project to Client Services Project.
- The first page will display all the projects in the user's workspace that are not already Client Services projects. Select the project that you wish to convert and click Next. You can optionally choose to create a copy of the project that is being converted to create a backup. To do so, run the wizard with create a copy of the original project option checked before conversion and make all the transformation changes to the new copy.
- You can click Finish to perform the conversion and receive the default Target definition and features selections.
- Selecting Next displays the Target Definition selection page. Eclipse Core Components, Portlet Application and Web Application are pre-selected. Select additional target features if needed.
- Click Next to open the next page, for providing options for automatically managing the project's manifest file. This is enabled by default, and set to prefer Import-Package or Require-Bundle (depending on the workspace default settings) for resolving package dependencies.
- Select Finish to perform the project conversion.