Direct deployment of a Client Services application is the typical scenario for a Lotus
® Expeditor application developer who has the ability and necessary permissions to perform deployment steps to a Portal server without the aid of a server administrator.
The Client Services components, once registered and deployed, are then provisioned and used on the Expeditor client platform.
To directly register and deploy a Client Services application to a portal server, perform the following procedure:
Parent topic: Deploying Client Services applications to a Portal server
- Right click the appropriate Client Services project (either a Client Services application contributing an Eclipse SWT view, a Client Services Portlet project, or a Client Services Web project).
- Select Client Services > Register and deploy to Portal. The Select Server wizard displays, which includes a list of Portal server configurations.
- Select the server configuration you wish to use. Alternatively, you may create a new server configuration if you have not done so already. Click Next.
- A dialog displays the application to be registered on the Portal Server. Review the details, then click Finish to confirm the deployment of the application to the Portal server.
- Click OK. The Client Services application is now registered on the Portal server.