While each of the changes discussed here can be made to the actual files located on disk, you will most likely want to distribute these changes to all clients that you are responsible for. If you want to make branding changes, it is recommended that you make the changes prior to distributing the client. The recommended approach for making these changes is the following:
Parent topic: Specifying platform branding
- Make a copy of the com.ibm.pvc.wct.platform plug-in, and any language fragments of that plug-in that you require, creating a new symbolic name for the plug-in (and updating the host plug-in for each of the fragments)
- Follow the instructions above in order to make any branding changes that you require
- Create a feature to include your new plug-in
- Update the rcpinstall.properties file to remove the com.ibm.pvc.wct.platform feature and replace it with your new feature.
- Provide access to the updated distribution site for your users.