Tracing for Lotus
® Expeditor Client Management is enabled for the clientMgmtServices application server using the WebSphere
See the troubleshooting section of the WebSphere
Application Server Information Center for more information about enabling traces.
The following table lists the components to enable in order to generate tracing for Lotus
Expeditor Client Management services.
|Tracing ||Component name|
| Enable database access tracing ||com.ibm.wplc.ecm.database.* |
|Enable user repository access tracing|| com.ibm.wplc.ecm.directory.* |
|Enable task scheduling tracing ||com.ibm.otis.* |
|Enable all tracing ||com.ibm.wplc.ecm.* |
Expeditor Client Management Services uses the following log levels:
- Info - Provides details about important events that occur. The events reported are client registration, client connections, update site registration, task status change, notification, and filter synchronization.
- Warning - Provides information about a potential error that has occurred. Functionality normally not impacted.
- Severe - Provides information about an error that has occurred. Functionality is impacted.
- Fine - General trace information.
- Finer - More detailed trace information. Includes Fine trace details plus method entry, exit, and return values.
- Finest - Very detailed trace information. Will generate a large amount of trace data and is to be enabled only while recreating a problem in order to debug it.
For example, to enable all Lotus
Expeditor Client Management tracing at the Fine level, you add the following to the trace string for the clientMgmtServices application server:
Expeditor Client Management services log messages using DETAIL, WARNING, or SEVERE are logged to the WebSphere IBM
® Services log, also known as the activity log. These log messages can be formatted into Common Base Event XML format using the WebSphere showlog
command. See the WebSphere
Application Server Information Center for more information on the IBM
Services log and the showlog
Parent topic: Troubleshooting Lotus Expeditor Client Management