Eclipse features that have been installed on clients can be enabled or disabled.
By default, when a feature is installed, it is enabled. You can view the state of features on a client using the feature inventory. You can create an enable or disable task from multiple views. You can create an enable or disable task from the following views, using the administrative console:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Client > client_id > Feature Inventory.
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Update Sites > update_site_name.
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Features.
After you navigate to one of these views, follow these steps:
- Select the features to be enabled or disabled.
- Select either Enable Features or Disable Features from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information on task types.
- Update the Target Features Queue if needed. You may use a filter or search to find the correct filters. Click Add Selected Features to add more features to the queue. Click Next when all the features have been added to the Target Features Queue.
- Add clients to the Target Clients Queue. You can target individual clients or a group of clients using filters. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
Parent topic: Managing features