This factory provides an Eclipse extension point (described via a schema definition file) that will allow for the description of Java
™ objects to bound into JNDI upon a client JNDI lookup. An example of the use of the new extension point to instantiate a DB2
® DataSource object is as follows:
extension point definition allows for:
- the jndi-name of the object
- one class name to be specified per object entry,
- a list of parameters including type (supported types listed below) and value to be used to create the constructor call to be executed to create this object,
- a list of methods to be called against this object including parameters with type (supported types listed below) and value to be used in the method calls.
attributes are the only required attributes.
The list of valid types for the parameters is as follows:
Parent topic: Using declarative JNDI
- Objects: Boolean, String, Integer, Short, Long, Float, Double
- Primitives: boolean, int, short, long, float, double