If you want to view the Eclipse preferences that are defined on a client, you need to run a preference inventory task against the client.
To run a preference inventory task using the administrative console, follow these steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Optionally, select the clients you want to target. If you want to target a filter do not select any clients. You will be able to select the filter in a later step.
- Select Schedule Inventory Collection from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information.
- Select Preference Inventory from the Inventory Options and click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
When the inventory task has successfully completed, you can view the list of Eclipse preferences defined on the client. To view the preference inventory using the administrative console, select Expeditor Client Management > Client > client_id > Preference Inventory
. The path displayed in the preference inventory is in the form plugin_name
Parent topic: Managing your Eclipse preferences