Enable the Restricted Workbench Service to provide a restricted environment in which all Lotus
Expeditor users are limited to the applications and operating system services that you, as administrator, have configured.
- Due to a known limitation of Java™, it is necessary to execute the following commands as the root user on Linux® machines, after the initial Lotus Expeditor Restricted Workbench installation:
When installing the Restricted Workbench environment on Windows® XP systems you must launch the installation from the command line with the following additional parameters:
- Exit Lotus Expeditor if it is running
- Specify the following:
- If the directory uninstall/restricted exists, specify rm -rf uninstall/restricted
- Specify ./lockdown.sh install
On Windows XP, the Restricted Workbench environment must be installed on the system drive (typically C:) and not an additional drive. Doing so might render the system inoperable.
* The Restricted Workbench environment is supported only on Microsoft
XP, Redhat Enterprise Linux
5.4/5.3, and SuSe Linux
Enterprise Desktop 10 systems.
The Restricted Workbench Service is available in multiuser installation environments only. To enable the Restricted Workbench Service during product installation, ensure that the installation manifest (whether using the provided version or creating your own custom manifest file) contains the following information:
See Customizing basic installation
for more information on installing manifest files.
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Expeditor Client on the desktop
Accessing the operating system