Login configuration setup instructionsAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|To run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace, configure it, and then start the sample.
To run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace, configure it, and then start the sample.
Follow these steps:
Parent topic: Login configuration
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, loginconfiguration.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery2 plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To configure and run the sample:
- Select Run > Run Configurations... from the main menu.
- Select Client Services and click New.
- Type a unique name for your configuration, such as Login Configuration Sample.
- Select the Plug-ins tab and verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.loginconfiguration and com.ibm.rcp.samples.loginconfiguration.app plug-ins are selected.
- Select the Arguments tab and verify that –console is in the Program Arguments field.
- Click Apply and then Run to launch the Lotus® Expeditor workbench.
- To start the sample in the Lotus Expeditor workbench, click Open and then click Login Configuration Sample Application.
Running the sample
A perspective will open containing a single Login view. This simple view shows the current status, and provides a button to Login. When the button is selected, a login dialog will be displayed. If you use the provided user name SampleUser
, and provide a password password
, then the login will complete successfully. Use of alternative user names or passwords will result in a login failure.
A new login configuration can also be defined as the default login configuration for the platform. To see the sample login configuration being used for platform login, perform the following steps:
- Create a copy of the plugin_customization.ini file currently being used by the platform. The plugin_customization.ini file resides in the <install>\rcp directory.
- Edit the copy of this file. If the file already contains a preference com.ibm.rcp.security.auth/loginConfigName, then change the value to SAMPLE_CONFIG. If the file does not already contain the preference, then add this line: com.ibm.rcp.security.auth/loginConfigName=SAMPLE_CONFIG
- Go to the launch configuration defined above, and add the following to the Program Arguments on the Arguments tab:
For example, if the plugin_customization.ini was copied to c:\temp\mypc.ini, then add -plugincustomization c:\temp\mypc.ini to the Program Arguments.
- Run the launch configuration. At platform startup, you should see the Sample Login Dialog being used.