Managing tasksAdded by IBM on October 5, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|The Client Management server provides the ability to create a task that can be run against registered clients.
The Client Management server provides the ability to create a task that can be run against registered clients.
The following tasks are supported:
- Inventory collection: The inventory collection task causes the client to send information about specific inventory types to the Client Management server. When creating an inventory task, one or more types of inventory to gather can be specified. See the Inventory section for a description of the inventory types. The inventory information is stored in the Client Management server database and can be viewed from the client details view. See the Clients section for information on the clients view.
- Distribute a feature: The Distribute Feature task allows an Eclipse Feature to be installed or updated on a client.
- Disable a feature: The Disable Feature task allows an Eclipse Feature already installed on a client to be disabled.
- Enable a feature: The Enable Feature task allows an Eclipse Feature already installed on a client to be enabled.
- Remove a feature: The Remove Feature task allows an Eclipse Feature already installed on a client be uninstalled.
- Run a command: The Run Command task allows a command to be run on client. The task is only supported on Windows® and Linux® desktop clients.
- Retrieve a file: Upload a file from the client to the Client Management server.
- Run IBM Support Assistant: Run the IBM support Assistant on the client and optionally upload the results to the Client Management server.
- Update Enterprise Management Agent Account: Update configuration of the Enterprise Management Agent that is used to connect to the Client Management server.
- Restart the client: Restart the Expeditor Client or the client machine. Restarting the client is only supported by Lotus® Expeditor 6.2 or above clients. Restarting the client machine is supported by Lotus Expeditor 6.1.2 or above.
- Add a property: The Add Properties task allows one or more properties to be created in a managed property file.
- Modify a property: The Modify Properties task allows one or more property values to be changes in a managed property file.
- Delete a property: The Delete Properties task allows one or more properties to be removed from a managed property file.
- Add an Eclipse preference: The Add Preferences task allows one or more Eclipse preferences to be defined in the client configuration.
- Modify an Eclipse preference: The Modify Preferences task allows one or more Eclipse preference values to be updated in the client configuration.
- Delete an Eclipse preference: The Delete Preferences task allows one or more Eclipse preferences to be removed from the client configuration.
This section contains the following topics:
Submitted tasksParent topic: Managing with a Client Management server
Use the administrative console to manage one or more submitted tasks. A task is a specialized process initiated through Lotus
Expeditor management services and performed on a client or group of clients.
You can combine a set of tasks into a task chain to run the set of tasks as a single unit. For example, you may want to distribute a feature and, if successful, set an Eclipse preference.
Tasks can be targeted to one or more clients. When you select an action to create a task, you are given an option to select the targets of the task.
During the process of creating a task, the last panel displayed provides you with task options.