The policy type contains the default values. You can update the default value for a preference in the policy type.
Follow these steps to modify a value in a policy type.
- Log in to WebSphere® Portal as an administrator.
- Click Administration in the Portal toolbar.
- Click Resource Policies. A list of existing Policy Types is displayed.
- Locate the policy type you want to change.
- Open the pop-up menu and select Edit Policy.
- Make the necessary changes to the values and click OK.
The policy type is updated with new values.
Parent topic: Managing Rich Client Preferences using the Policy Type Editor for Eclipse Preferences