As administrator, you need to inform your users on how to install the Lotus
® Expeditor Client from the Web using the download applet on Windows
® and Linux
Your users should be informed of the following steps:
If their browsers support Java™, advise users to click on the Start button to launch the download applet. The applet will download the required files for their particular Linux (RedHat or SuSE) or Windows platform, and launch the Lotus Expeditor Client installer.
If their browsers do not support Java, advise users to click on the link "If you have trouble with the downloader, click here". Then the user will be able to click on either a Linux or Windows link to download the zip package, which will contain the same required files that the applet downloads.
Instruct users to unzip this file and execute the appropriate installer: install.bat (for Windows) or install.sh (for Linux). Advise Linux users to launch install.sh with root privileges, for example: sudo ./install.sh or su - root -c "./install.sh"
Upon completion, the client installer contacts the server and completes the installation. If the update site is in a protected area, the client will prompt for user ID and password.
- Provide users with the URL of your customized installation Web site. Use the sample HTML template provided and customize it for your environment. The default is http://<server name>/Expeditor/applet/index.html.
- Advise Linux users to start their browser with root privileges so that the download applet can launch the Lotus Expeditor Client installer with the required root privileges.
Special considerations for Windows Vista
Installing the Lotus
Expeditor Client from the Web using Windows
Vista in protected mode is not supported. Follow these steps as a work-around:
- Place your Web server in a trusted zone using the Internet Explorer configuration. This will disable protected mode for this site and allow the installation to succeed.
- Direct your users to access the following site:
> is the server name and <language
is the language.
Installing on Ubuntu
- Download the Linux zip package from the customized installation Web site.
- Extract the files from the zip onto a local folder on your system.
- Create the following directory structure on your system if it does not exist:
- Copy the install.options file included in the zip to the /etc/ibm/expeditor directory.
- Launch the Expeditor client installation by running the following command:
sudo dpkg -i Expeditor-6.2.0.<buildlevel>.deb
If you need to remove Lotus
Expeditor Client from Ubuntu, run the following command:
Parent topic: Installing with the Network Client Installer