Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Follow these steps:
Parent topic: Property broker
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, propertybroker.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery2 plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To launch the test runtime:
- Select Run > Run Configurations... from the main menu.
- Select Client Services and click New.
- Type a unique name for your configuration, such as Property Broker Application.
- Select the Plug-ins tab and verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.propertybroker.color plug-in is selected.
- Select the Arguments tab and verify that –console is in the Program Arguments field.
- Click Apply and then Run to launch the Lotus® Expeditor workbench.
- To start the sample in the Lotus Expeditor workbench, click Open and then click Property Broker Color Sample.
Running the sample
This sample contributes a perspective, named the Property Broker Demo Perspective, to the Lotus
This perspective contains the following three views:
- The Color List View in the left side of the perspective displays a list of colors. Right-click on a color and either select Foreground or Background. The color is displayed in the appropriate Color Swatch View.
- The Color Swatch View at the top right-side of the perspective is for the Foreground.
- The Color Swatch View at the bottom right-side of the perspective is for the Background.
The sample application is not available in the launch list.Cause:
The com.ibm.rcp.samples.propertybroker.color plug-in is not present or does not resolve in the client platform.Action:
Verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.propertybroker.color plug-in is contained in the runtime. If the plug-in is present, check the status of the plug-in. Go to the Console view and use the b com.ibm.rcp.samples.propertybroker.color command. The second line of output indicates the plug-in status. If the status is not RESOLVED or ACTIVE, there is a problem with the plug-in and its dependencies. Use the diag com.ibm.rcp.samples.propertybroker.color command to identify any unsatisfied dependencies. Resolve any missing dependencies and restart the platform.