This sample demonstrates the use of the WebBrowser control. The WebBrowser is a SWT composite control that can be used within any view.
Time required: 2 minutes
You can use this sample only on the desktop runtime.
This sample consists of a single Client Services project, com.ibm.rcp.samples.browser.rcp.basic
Key concepts demonstrated in this sample are as follows:
Parent topic: Samples
RCP Browser Basic setup instructions
- Addition of the WebBrowser control to a view
- Manipulation of the WebBrowser control using common browser operations such as back, forward, stop
- Event notification for events such as progress, status change, location change, and title
- Event handling to inhibit page access
- Configuration of browser instance specific proxy settings