You can delete feature requirements for a rich client view in a perspective as represented by a portlet on a page.
The steps assume you have placed portlets intended to represent views on the rich client.
- Log in to WebSphere® Portal as an administrator.
- Click Administration in the Portal toolbar.
- In the navigation tree, click Portal User Interface, then Manage Pages.
- Navigate to the page layout of the target page.
- Click the Rich Client tab. The page parameters and a list of portlets are displayed.
- Click the configure (wrench) or edit (pencil) icon on the line of the portlet whose prerequisites are to be changed. The page for editing rich client properties of the target portlet is displayed.
- In the Feature Requirements section, click the delete icon (trash can) on the line for an existing feature ID. You will be prompted for confirmation of the delete action. Click Yes to delete the feature requirement. The changes are saved.
The rich client feature requirement for the target portlet is removed, ready for the client software to access new configuration. This does not cause the feature to be deleted from the client if it has already been installed. It merely removes it from the list for this view.
Parent topic: Using the Rich Client Layout Administration Portlet